Click and view

Veg burger Gobi Manchuri Homemade Tea Masala Homemade Tea Masala Rose Falooda Mango mouse Eggless Vanilla Choco Cake

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dates cake eggless

*************************************************************


Eggless Dates Cake to celebarte the Awards


This is one of the hit cake from Shilpa's - Aayis recipes, whenever i make this cake it never went wrong and came out perfect, thick and spongy. We both love this cake anytime, and most of my friends too. Shilpa thank you for such a wonderful cake for vegetarians. This cake actually gave me the confidence to bake some more cakes, that even eggless cakes comes out good. I have made some variation in the ingredients and quantity. I have used butter and baking powder, except all of ingredients are same as specified by Shilpa.


Ingredients

1 cup all purpose flour(maida)
18 dates(Khajoor)(Used seedless)
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tblsp spn cashews chopped


Method

1. Soak the dates in warm milk overnight after removing the seeds. If using seedless no need to soak them directly grind them in the blender using milk.
2. Add sugar and grind them to a smooth paste along with the milk in which it is soaked in. Take them in a large bowl.
3. Meanwhile,Sieve together all the dry ingredients flour+baking soda+baking powder.
3. Now add oil+butter to the blended dates puree.
4. Spoon by spoon add the flour mixer to the and mix slowly. Atlast add the chopped nuts and mix.
5. Pour it in a dusted baking tray and bake in the preheated oven 350F for about 30-40 minutes. So that the inserted knife/toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.





Eggless dates cake




Awards


My friends Sanghi , Anusriram , Yasmeen has passed on to me this lovely 'UR a Sweet Heart Award'. Thank you for passing on and thinking of me.. U all are a sweet heart..





Sanghi has passed on two more awards for, 'Good chat blog Award' and 'Lemonade Award'.. Thank you so much..











Celebrating with an Award from my side


Celebarting these awards with this Dates cake and 'Circle of Friends' to all my fellow bloggers who have passed on to me these inspiring awards and for the buddies who comment on my blog, which inspires me to cook more :)!! Thank you all of you for the love and affection showered on me!!

Hey, thank you Sanghi, Anusriram, Yasmeen with this huge friendship hugs.. Do accept this 'Circle of Friends' from my side.






I wish to pass 'UR a Sweet Heart Awards'and 'Circle of Friends' to all the sweet hearts friends around the blog..
Asha, Usha, Cham, Ashwini, Smitha, Sushma, Mahimaa, Happy cook, Sukanya, Pavitra, Preety, Deesha, Uma, Meera, Madhu, Paru, Srilekha.


50 comments:

FH said...

Eggless and looks so good. Dates must make it so moist, good one! :))

Enjoy the awards and thanks for thinking of me too. I can't copy the photo of the award to put it in the sidebar!
I like how you are preventing the photo from being copied though. Somebody stole my whole last year's Shivaratri post and photos!!

Cham said...

I bake cakes but rarely eggless... This one came out perfect and moist!
Congrats on ur award and thanks to share with me!

Archy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Archy said...

Asha,
Thank you..
Hey, sorry.. now u can copy the award- 'Circle of friend,
Ya i prevent them from being copied, i will let u know how i do it..:)!! So that next time anybody cant copy our efforts..

Archy said...

Cham,
thank you, ya i guess dates makes it perfect and moist :)!! Do try some time..

Chutneytales said...

Hi Archy,the cake looks simple and yummy..Will try one day.. Congrats on your awards :)

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

cake looks lovely and pretty. should have tasted yummy.

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

oh thanks for the award.. did not notice it.. so sweet of u :)

Chutneytales said...

Just saw your comment...Thanks for sharing the award..This is my first award :)

KonkaniBlogger said...

Yes, I agree with you on this dates cake, its a super hit and I've made it many times too from Shilpa's. Congrats on all your awards Archy! Abt ur question, am sure you can use the flax meal too, coz its flax seeds powder rite, so should work fine. But I hear that compared to flax seeds, the flax meal turns rancid very soon, so you might want to keep that in mind, shelf-life swalpa kadime aagatte! Let me know if you do try.

Preety said...

Eggless cake looks perfect..i never tried the eggless version myself..but after seeing this cake i think i should give it a try sometime..

Congrats on your awards..and thanks a million for thinking of me..

AnuSriram said...

Looks lovely.. Thanks for sending me a lovely award! I feel honoured. Its on my post now..

Uma said...

cake looks so perfect and yummy! This is definitely a popular cake among blogosphere!

Congrats on all those well deserved awards and thank you so much passing those to me. Thanks for considering me as your friend :) The award you created looks so cute!

Ashwini said...

Wow the cake looks beautiful..I have tasted this cake ..It is really very nice. Congrats on your award..Thank You for thinking of me..

Paru ... said...

Lovely dates cake Archy..Looks so perfect..

Thanks for thinking of me for the "Circle of Friends" award..So very sweet of you:)

Yasmeen said...

Using khajoor does make the cake nutritious and naturally sweet.We recently finished a whole box of dates.Will definitely try this cake next time we buy dates.
thanks for the friendly award,archy.It's my pleasure to be in your circle of friends:)

Meera said...

Cake looks yum. Congrats on your awards. Thanks so much for thinking about me.

Kannada Cuisine said...

First of all, congrats on your awards.
Secondly the eggless date cake looks absolutely out of the world. I will try a muffin version this very week end!
Thanks a lot for remembering me.. Love Winnie and his friends any time

Savi-Ruchi said...

Congrats on your awards.
I too make Shilpa's (Aayi's) version of dates cake. It would be just out of this world. Your cake looks yummy.

Thanks for passing the award to me :)
Also, kindly also let me know, how to protect the photo from being copied.

Sanghi said...

Ooooohh.. what a tempting cake??!! can i take a piece dear? Lovely...!
Thanks a lot for the cutest award da, Hugs to you tooo..!!:)

Sanghi said...

Hey Archy.. I tried to copy the award, but couldn't. You'v put right-click lock know, kindly let me know da how to pick..

Ashwini said...

I am unable to copy the photo of the award..How do I do it..

zlamushka said...

Hi Archy,
My fisr time here, came here through Madhu´s Food Journal and I liek it. Love your veggie-friendly recipes, i am currently enjoying everything vegan, so supposing that I use rice or soy milk, I think I have a perfect cake for this Sunday :-)

Raks said...

Looks too good,i love dates cake! Thanks for the recipe!

Purva Desai said...

I have never tried my hands on eggless cake.....ur cake looks moist and soft...

Archy said...

Madhumathi,
Thank you... enjoy ur 1st award !!

Maya,
Thank you for ur reply.. will surely try an let u knw :)!! Ya dates cake rocks !!

Mahimaa,Preety, Anu, Uma,
Thank you !!

Archy said...

Sorry all of you for the inconvenience.. I have removed the block you can copy the award now.. Sorry !!

Pavithra Kodical said...

Moist and yummy cake archy...Will try sometime..Congrats on your award..Thank you dear for remembering me :)

Usha said...

Cake looks awesome, would love to try this. Congrats on your awards and thanks so much for sharing these cute and sweet awards with me, that is so sweet of you !

I like your idea of disabling the right click so nobody can take you pictures and post, I want to do that in my site too,yet to do it though :-)

Sia said...

dates cake? well, i can eat anytime of the day provided someone bake for me ;) archy, please send one big slice of it :)

Dhanya Ganesh said...

The cake and Cookies looks so yummy archy. Good one.

Srikitchen said...

looks very nice!
cake is awesome!
congrats on ur well deserved awards!

Anonymous said...

Did you use regular 9 inch baking pan?

A_and_N said...

The cake looks very delicious :) And making it eggless is even better!

Gayathri said...

Congrats Archy on ur awards....
Eggless Dates cake looks yum....

Archy said...

Thank you all for ur sweet words..

Proud to be,
Hey, ya i used regular baking tray.. 9 inch one !!

Srikitchen said...

little sad that am missing in ur friends cirle!

Purva Desai said...

Participate in colourful and fun filled event of Holi

http://purvasdaawat.blogspot.com/2009/03/event-announcement-holi-hai.html

Deepthi Shankar said...

That looks really nice & yum .. lovely color too

Swapna said...

Eggless dates cake looks perfect. Fluffy & soft. congrag for ur awards.... Keep rocking :)

Sanghi said...

Hey Archy.. pick ur awards from my blog dear :)

Poornima Nair said...

Hi Archana...cake looks delicious...first time here..you have a great collection of recipes..good job!

Indian Khana said...

I have tried this cake too and it's just yummy isn't it...Congrats on you award :)

Swapna said...

Cake looks perfect. Congrag for these awards.. you deserve it :)

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow cake looks yum. Love the date flavour in cake.....Congrats on all fitting awards...

Shama Nagarajan said...

lovely cake

Vibaas said...

that's a yummy cake. next on my to do list :)

here's something for u - http://vibaas-world.blogspot.com/2009/03/potato-sandwich-and-awards.html

Mangala Bhat said...

hey Archy ..how r u? congrats on your awards and ...dates cake look yummy Thanks for the recipe ...do visit my blog and happy cooking

Rani acharyulu said...

Lovely egg less dates cake looks so perfect and delicious.Congrats on your awards.
cheers
rani

Whispering Thoughts said...

I tried this cake. And we all loved it. Looking forward to many more such recipes from your side.

Ruby
scraps-from-life.blogspot.com